Seeing how cold it is outside we have been eating a lot of warm and hearty meals. One of the biggest challenges when coming up with recipes in our house is my one daughters food sensitivities. Usually I come up with a first version of a recipe and then have to modify it. Not this time! I hit a home run with the whole family. This is a perfect carb loading soup before your next winter long run.
By the way this is actually creamy. Who would of thought. Another big plus is you can whip this up in no time. Little prep for some good eats.
- 1 Medium White Onion
- 2 Medium Carrots
- 3 Medium Stalks of Celery
- 2 Tablespoons of Minced Garlic
- 3 Medium Russet Potatoes
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 4 Cups of Vegetable Broth
- 1 Cup of Almond Milk I used Normal (Could likely use any other dairy or non dairy milk
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon of Ground Pepper
- Chop up the onion, carrots, celery, and potatoes.
- Heat a large pot over medium high heat, and add the olive oil. Add your garlic and allow it to brown. Careful don’t burn it!
- Toss in the celery, carrots, and onions. Sauté the veggies, until they start to appear as if they are caramelized.
- Add potatoes and veggie broth. Cover and simmer for about 15-20 minutes. Once the veggies are softened up (kind of like my winter belly) the veggies are ready.
- Carefully scoop the soup into the blender. Unless you have a huge blender it will take you a couple of times to blend it all up. Careful hot soup burns. Blend until it reaches your desired smoothness.
- Once blended add it back to the pot and add your almond milk. Now add that salt and pepper till your liking.
- Once done serve it up. I added some Naan bread to the table for my fam to dip. Be creative.