Now that my wife is working weekends I have to get my long run in early. By the time I return, pretty much there is only time to get a shower in, breakfast, and help make her some lunch. Busy weekends now.
With us now being a one vehicle family it has caused us to make some adjustments. With Jenny working Saturday’s she will usually take the vehicle. That leaves me and the kids at home. Although Jenny would probably be surprised I quite enjoy the opportunity to relax. Also it is a great opportunity to get in the kitchen and make something new.
A couple of food items that we always seem to have but never eat fast enough are bananas and avocados. Most people are aware of how to easily save those bananas that are about to be too ripe. As for avocados sometimes they all just want to be ripe at the same time. We are huge fans of guacamole and Avocado Pumpkin pudding but I wanted to try something different with a couple of them today. Muffins! This recipe can also be used to make Avocado Banana Bread too!
Jenny has a couple of staple family recipes and one such recipe is for banana bread. I decided with us having quite a few bananas that I would like to use a few of them up this morning. Looking at the recipe it called for Miracle Whip, yeah no, not today. What is a great replacement, avocados of course. Best part is avocados are healthy. Time to whip up some Dairy Free Chocolate Avocado Banana Muffins.
- Two medium sized ripe Avocados
- Three ripe Bananas
- 2 Cups of Flour
- ¾ Cup of Sugar
- 2 teaspoons of Baking Soda
- ¼ Cup of Dairy Free Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a large mixing bowl mash the bananas and avocados.
- Mix in the sugar.
- Add the flour and baking soda. Be sure to mix well.
- Now add the Chocolate Chips till mixed in.
- Add mix to a twelve tray muffin pan. If making bread cook for 55 minutes.
- Bake in the oven for 2o minutes. Check to see if done, if not cook for another 5.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Now time to eat these super yummy green muffins.